[oe] Error: git was compiled without libcurl support

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:05:48 UTC 2010

Frans Meulenbroeks ha scritto, Il 17/11/2010 15:01:
> 2010/11/17 Marco Cavallini <koansoftware at gmail.com>:
>> Hi, I just tried installing OE retrieving it from git
>> git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
>>
>> bitbake version 1.10.0
>> branch master
>> MACHINE=akita time bitbake minimal-image
>> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
>> host machine : Debian lenny x86_64-linux
>>
>> I face to an unexpected error
>> "Error: git was compiled without libcurl support"
>>
>> I successfully built it until November 2nd but since last Saturday I
>> wonder if it should build or if is normal this behavoiur.
>> log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/533450/
>>

> you're using git from the host, guess that got changed one way or another.

Frans,
thank you for answering.

I tried removing ASSUME_PROVIDED git-native from my config (local.conf)
in this case bitbake create git and use it instead of the host provided.
Then I did

 bitbake -b git-native

Anyway there are errors again
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/985559/

Is anybody out there building with Debian Lenny 64 ?
TIA

/marco