[oe] PHP 5.2.13 on org.openembedded.dev fails to build

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:20:39 UTC 2010

2010/11/18 David Abdurachmanov <david.abdurachmanov at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking into commit and it looks like you are maintainer of PHP recipe for some time. I am trying to work with org.openembedded version to build apache2/modphp. I left that, modphp wasn't easy to compile and at the end apache2 child processes segfauls while running with libphp5.so. So I decided to go with lighty and php via fastcgi. The problem is that for about a month I can not build php it just can't locate libs.

> I have tested multiple versions of org.oe.dev and pretty much always is not working right and requires some fixing. Any input of what might be wrong in trunk version for quite some time? Missing or wrong environment variables, pkg_config not working or maybe PC files not installed, etc?
>
> P.S. In few hours I am gonna fill bug report.
>
> Cheers,
> david

Hi David,

When asking about OE issues please also sent to the mailing list.
And when reporting problems please specify:
host os, distro used, target machine, target recipe (got the last 2
from your mail not the first 2).

Wrt your php issues and your mail

I don't feel the maintainer of the php recipe.
I just happened to hack it a little bit because it didn't do what I wanted.

I've also trying to build php with apache but I gave up as well. Too
much issues.

As a test I just tried to build php locally. This *almost* works.
The issue is that php has released new versions, so the url in the
php.inc file is not correct any more.
After fixing that locally, php builds as expected on my system (both
the regular and -native recipe)

Wrt the crypto error:
what is the result of
ls -l sysroots/*/usr/lib/libcrypto.so ?
I expect that you have a file there, if not there is a missing depends.

And do you have files
/usr/lib/libcrypt.so*
on your system? If not, I guess the configure script still looks for a
host file.

BTW it is easier to debug this online. you can try to catch me online
on irc (#oe) (preferably in the evening european time)
it would be much easier to diagnose the problem interactively.

Frans