[oe] Preparing for release - Freeze on master

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Nov 18 14:07:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks <
fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/11/18 Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org>:
>

> > 1. make a stabilisation branch from some semi-arbitrary point, maybe one
> > of the existing weekly test versions.
>
> Seems fine with me. I suggest to start with the testing branch that is
> to be made today.
> that avoids having to pick the changes that are done for the release
> on the master branch last week.

Just a reminder that this stabilization branch should only exist from this
semi-arbitrary point to the point when the release is tagged -- the branch
should then be removed, to ensure no one thinks it is a long term
maintenance branch, which it is not.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com