[oe] Race issues (lzma-native)

Graham Gower graham.gower at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 00:28:30 UTC 2010

On 22 November 2010 10:42, Andrea Adami <andrea.adami at gmail.com> wrote:
> I though tthe issue had disappeared (in the meanwhile I remove an
> obsolete dependency on zlib)
> but yesterday again...
>
> run.SRC_DISTRIBUTECOMMAND was malformed, broken at line 122 (export
> docdir="/oe/bu ).
>
> On second build the size is much bigger (1102 lines).
>
> Retrying..
> Andrea

With pstaging disabled, do_fetch is called twice. The second do_fetch
races with do_unpack. Presumably we see a problem in lzma-native
because it does oe.process.run() in do_unpack_append. I can't see
exactly *what* is racing though.

I previously spoke to Kergoth about it on IRC and he suggested making
bb.build.exec_func("do_fetch", d) conditional on whether the do_fetch
stamp file exists... I've not gotten around to doing that (bad me).
Want to try it?

-Graham