[oe] Race issues (lzma-native)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:23:47 UTC 2010

2010/11/22 Graham Gower <graham.gower at gmail.com>:

> The conditional call of do_fetch is probably what we want, but I'd
> prefer to see this race fixed before we do that to ensure we aren't
> masking any other related races.

There should definitely be a dependency on the stamp and if the stamp
is newer the fetch should not be called (or generated)

>> Why is do_fetch called twice in the first place. I would expect this
>> not to happen.
>
> See src_distribute.bbclass and refer to do_distribute_sources().
> do_fetch is only called twice if pstaging is disabled (which is not
> the default).

Without too much knowledge on the internals, I'd say the 2nd fetch
should be conditional on pstaging then.

Did a quick peek at that bbclass file:

addtask distribute_sources before do_build after do_fetch
python do_distribute_sources () {
        bb.build.exec_func("do_fetch", d)

This greatly puzzles me. distribute_sources comes after do_fetch and
it starts doing a do_fetch ???
Isn't it possible to just eliminate this 2nd fetch ???

Puzzled. Frans