[oe] BitBake parallel parsing testing

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Nov 24 13:58:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> On 23-11-10 19:42, Chris Larson wrote:

>>> The heuristic for the progress needs some work, it currently seems to
>>> take in account all the parsed recipes instead of the last N recipes.
>>
>> That's what our progress display always did, it's just more obvious now.
>
> That's not what I meant :) I meant that the progressbar will jump to 75%
> since that was already parsed and the ETA heuristic gets thrown off by
> the "75% in 1 second".

Ah, yes, well, that's because we're using the same progress bar / ETA
for cached recipes as for actually parsing recipes, and obviously the
amount of time for those are quite different.  The ETA is gone until
we give thought to if we want to revamp our progress, and how best to
do so.  Ideally we'd probably use one progress bar for cache loading
and one progress bar for *actual* parsing (as opposed to processing).
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com