[oe] do_rootfs failing with gpgkey error

Srinivasa Rao Ragolu srinivasa.ragolu at gmobis.com
Thu Nov 25 11:42:47 UTC 2010

Hi Friends,
                  I have been working on a linux platform and mips
processor. I am using openembedded to prepare rootfs and SDK. Till now
for every package .ipk files are getting created. Now Its necessary to
me to move from .ipk to .rpm. so I modified the following stanzas in distro

                  INHERIT += "package_rpm"
                 PREFERRED_PKG_FORMAT ?= "rpm"
# If we're using an .ipk based rootfs, we want to have opkg-nogpg
installed so postinst script can run
IPKG_VARIANT = "opkg-nogpg" (/kept as it is for .rpm/)

                      Now I could able to build all the packages as
.rpms successfully but in the final task do_rootfs failing with
following errors...

| Yum Version: 3.2.18
| COMMAND: yum -c /home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/tmp/rootfs/avn-debug-image/etc/yum.conf --installroot /home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/tmp/rootfs/avn-debug-image -y install task-boot base-files base-passwd qt4-embedded dbus gstreamer gst-meta-base gst-meta-audio gst-meta-debug mtd-utils e2fsprogs upstart devicekit-disks audiomanagercore audiomanagerdistro gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-ugly gst-ffmpeg libncurses5 ncurses-base tmux ckermit python task-avn-debug wvdial usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data libfontconfig1 tracker browser udev sysvinit sysvinit-pidof busybox
| Installroot: /home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/tmp/rootfs/avn-debug-image
| Ext Commands:
|
|    task-boot
|    base-files
|    base-passwd
|    qt4-embedded
|    dbus
|    gstreamer
|    gst-meta-base
|    gst-meta-audio
|    gst-meta-debug
|    mtd-utils
|    e2fsprogs
|    upstart
|    devicekit-disks
|    audiomanagercore
|    audiomanagerdistro
|    gst-plugins-base
|    gst-plugins-good
|    gst-plugins-bad
|    gst-plugins-ugly
|    gst-ffmpeg
|    libncurses5
|    ncurses-base
|    tmux
|    ckermit
|    python
|    task-avn-debug
|    wvdial
|    usb-modeswitch
|    usb-modeswitch-data
|    libfontconfig1
|    tracker
|    browser
|    udev
|    sysvinit
|    sysvinit-pidof
|    busybox
|
| You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
| However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
| the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
| You can do that by running the command:
|     rpm --import public.gpg.key
|

| Alternatively you can specify the url to the key you would like to use
| for a repository in the 'gpgkey' option in a repository section and yum
| will install it for you.
|
| For more information contact your distribution or package provider.

NOTE: Task failed: /home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/tmp/work/avngen3-avn-linux/avn-debug-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.2178
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of /home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/recipes/images/avn-debug-image.bb do_rootfs failed
ERROR: Task 9 (/home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/recipes/images/avn-debug-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2492 tasks of which 2480 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/srinivas/Downloads/build/openembedded/recipes/images/avn-debug-image.bb' failed

                              *  I have tried so many things to resolve this issue. Could you please suggest me, How to disable gpg keys and build rootfs successfully.....

*

--
Thanks&  Regards
Srinivasa Rao Ragolu