[oe] BitBake parallel parsing testing

Chris Larson kergoth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:41:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Chris Larson <kergoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a request for further testers for the parallel parsing branch
> of bitbake, as well as for review of the code.  I'm fairly certain
> that the last real issue with it was resolved yesterday, and I haven't
> gotten any reports of problems from those testing it since last week,
> so I'm opening it up to more public testing, so we can be absolutely
> certain that we can merge it to master in the near future without
> risking problems.
>
> For code review:
> Either follow the below steps, then git log master..parallel-parsing
> or git diff master..parallel-parsing, or use the web interface at
> https://github.com/kergoth/bitbake/commits/parallel-parsing
>
> .
>
> For testing from scratch:
>
> git clone git://github.com/kergoth/bitbake
>
> cd bitbake
> git checkout -b parallel-parsing origin/parallel-parsing
>
> From an existing bitbake repository:
>
> git remote add kergoth git://github.com/kergoth/bitbake
>
> git remote update
> git checkout -b parallel-parsing kergoth/parallel-parsing
>
> Thanks for your time, and do let me know what you think, either of the
> code, performance in general, or the new progress bar (shows an ETA),
> or anything else :)

This has now been merged to the bitbake master branch, as it's been
tested for a couple weeks now without problems, and the benefits are
clearly worthwhile.  If any bugs crop up with it, we'll fix them as we
go.  Let me know if anyone has any issues with it.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com