[oe] git-native and libz

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:52:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we got git-native I am getting this warning on every git command
> I execute:
>
> git: /.../tmp/staging/x86_64-linux/lib/libz.so.1: no version
> information available (required by git)
>
> How do I get around this ..

It could be that while linking it used the libz from your build host
and at runtime its using libz from staging because it was built
afterwards and
you have rpaths set. Newer versions of libz has introduced the symbol
versioning scheme. So it could be that git now wants some specific
version
of zlib-native. One think you could try is to add a recipe to latest
zlib and zlib-native and see if it solves the problem