[oe] Question about kernel.bbclass and staging kernel headers

Dmitry Fink openembedded at finik.net
Tue Oct 5 06:36:42 UTC 2010

Hi,
I've noticed that kernel.bbclass has a bunch of logic for manually copying
kernel headers into the staging area
(with a lot of logic for handling symlinks and different locations of asm
and arch folders in different kernel version),
I was wondering if there is a special reason for doing that instead of just
runninig "oe_runmake headers_install" like
linux-libc-headers recipes do. Speaking of which, I don't understand what
linux-libc-headers recipes are for then,
why are there two different mechanisms for installing headers? I must be
missing something, appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Dmitry Fink