[oe] Latest qt4-sdk-tools* patch is wrong

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:13:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Holger Freyther <holger+oe at freyther.de> wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 11:39 PM, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
>

>> Commited fixes for this.
>
> thanks. Could you please describe the error you were seeing for your LFLAGS patch?

Prehistory: I'm building OE on the Debian lenny box with nearly no
development packages
installed (no X11 headers, etc.). qt4 configure script was trying to
build xlib test.
Compilation went OK (as there are X11 headers in the chroot). However
during linkage,
came a problem: xlib.o required libX11 which in turn required
libxcb.so (with some symbols
that were not available in the version in /usr/lib on my lenny) and
libpthread-stubs.so.
As configuration test did not pass rpath-link to gcc, linker failed to
resolve libxcb.so from
OE sysroot and thus failed link stage with undefined symbols.

I ain't sure that this description is very clear, but I hope this
helps. At least I know for sure
how to reproduce the problem.

--
With best wishes