[oe] recipy_sanity experiment

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 20:23:31 UTC 2010

Dear all,

as a test I decided to run recipe_sanity on our tree, and here are the results
There are 1801 warnings:

    954 candidate for removal of S
    373 LICENSE should be defined to something other than default (unknown)
    181 RDEPENDS should be RDEPENDS_${PN}
     91 candidate for removal of FILESDIR
     74 candidate for removal of PV
     49 native or cross recipe with non-empty PACKAGES
     11 RRECOMMENDS should be RRECOMMENDS_${PN}
      6 candidate for removal of FILESPATH
      4 LICENSE should be set
      1 DESCRIPTION should be set

Rest are for overwrites of a variable like:
      4 rename of variable 'FILES_${PN}' to 'FILES_orinoco-modules'
overwrote existing value '/lib/modules/' with '/etc /lib/modules'.
There are about 25 different lines of this (total about 50 lines)

Not sure exactly what should be done about it. I can fix some of them,
but not too sure about the rename thing
and the removal of S is often because there is an S = xyz_${PN} line
in an inc file

Anyway, wanted to know the results (and here they are).
I  can provide more detailed info if needed

Have fun! Frans