[oe] recipy_sanity experiment

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:20:16 UTC 2010

2010/10/9 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>:

> On 09-10-10 00:58, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks
>> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> as a test I decided to run recipe_sanity on our tree, and here are the results
>>> There are 1801 warnings:
>>

>> interesting data
>>

>>>    954 candidate for removal of S
>>>    373 LICENSE should be defined to something other than default (unknown)
>>
>> this should be fixed first.
>
> Speaking about licenses, we should make recipe sanity complain about
> LICENSE = "GPL" as well, since it's important to know wether it's GPLv1,
> GPLv2 or GPLv2 (and their "or later" cousins).
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

True. This is an interesting challenge though:
frans at linux-suse:~/oe/openembedded/recipes> grep "\"GPL\"" */* |wc
   1938    5716   87234
They are all LICENSE strings of the format LICENSE = "GPL".

I'm starting to think more and more that it might be useful to define
a kind of standard (or minimal requirement or so) for recipes, and
that we should identify these one way or another (e.g. because they
are in a separate dir, or have a header fiield or so).

Frans