[oe] RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity '…-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 9 18:01:04 UTC 2010

Dear OE folks,

building `console-image` for destribution minimal for `MACHINE =
"beagleboard"` I noticed the following errors.

        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'cups-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'libxrandr-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'libxdamage-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'libxcomposite-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'jasper-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
        ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'gtk+-nativelibpng-native' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables

I have not seen them before, but I did not pay much attention lately, so
I might have overlooked them.

Searching the WWW I found [1], but this was supposedly fixed in 755654
[2] and in between I did not see these errors.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2010-September/023680.html
[2] http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=755654d14e8fddc54ed739461bd529291c1e1230