[oe] [RFC] unpackaged files

J. L. vwyodapink at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:35:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Roman I Khimov <khimov at altell.ru> wrote:
> В сообщении от Понедельник 11 октября 2010 15:51:05 автор Frans Meulenbroeks
> написал:
>>  - a way to indicate that a file is installed but purposedly not
>> packaged (e.g. I have such a thing in mythtv with a README file)
>> This could be by creating a pseudo-package (like -unused or -ignore)
>> which can be used to add files that are explicitly not packaged
>
> Shouldn't such files be removed with do_install_append()?

my uneducated suggestion would be dont remove them and do something
like Frans suggests, reason being I am noticing packages that do not
build with files that you would expect especially ones with -dev tags.
or even some not being made like libgcc-dev. But like one off the top
of my head would be if you install libpcap and libcap-dev you still do
not get a pcap.h to use if you compile something on the machine your
built those packages into the image of.