[oe] /usr/bin/fop ???

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:14:25 UTC 2010

Arigead wrote:
> Martin Jansa wrote:

>>> what about providing whole log.do_compile and log.do_configure to be
>>> sure which recipe has this problem (I see libx11 in log, but you're
>>> talking about tangogps).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> In case it fails in libx11 then it's probably because of:
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=e14273f44c1501ab51db4adcb83b18a1073787d8
>> you can force fop disabled with --with-fop=no in EXTRA_OECONF or try
>> to fix XORG_WITH_FOP (to ignore fop on buildhost and look only in
>> sysroots)
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Been busy and only getting back to this now. Yes that worked buy forcing
> fop out of the libx11 build. Thanks a million for your help. I'm not
> sure why this problem only seems to be effecting my build and nobody
> else seemed to hit that issue. Anyhow back on the road again.
>
> Thanks again

I spoke to soon when I said that I was on the road again, and I've only
confused myself trying to get to the bottom of this. When I said I was
on the road again bitbake libx11 was working perfect and it still is. My
problem is that even when I've done a sucessfull bitbake of libx11 a
bitbake of tangogps will fail on libx11. That's confusing the hell out
of my and it's the do_install that's the problem. I'm on the wrong end
of a learning curve and can't seem to understand the issue.

NOTE: package libx11-native-1_1.3.99.902-r9.0: task do_install: Failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of
virtual:native:/home/john/programming/openmoko/shr/shr-unstable/openembedded/recipes/xorg-lib/libx11_1.3.99.902.bb
do_install failed

It still seems to be failing on fop even though the libx11.inc file now
specifically forces "--with-fop=no".

Complete log is at:

http://pastebin.com/ScdPb4Dj

Any ideas very gratefully received.