[oe] inc file discussion

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Oct 12 22:40:00 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks <
fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:

> This gave me the following dilemma:
> 1 add in the recipe with _append  or +=

Side note to lurkers: _append and _prepend should be avoided in favor of the
immediate operations (+=, .=, =., =+) unless you're doing a conditional
operation with overrides.

> 2 add to the inc and test the other version(s)
> 3 add to the inc and not test the other version(s) and assume things
> work properly.
> 4 not do the patch.
> 5. remove the old recipe
>
> I expect a lot of people would go for 3, but that *could* introduce a
> problem.
>
> BTW maybe it is indeed time for BBVERSIONS or whatever it was called.

BBVERSIONS is supported by 1.10, so it can be used as soon as we bump OE's
minimum bitbake version, if we choose to.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com