[oe] Patches from opendreambox.org #2

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Wed Oct 13 22:09:41 UTC 2010

Hello developers,

I'm sending an updated patch to fix a conflict with today's
master branch.

It would be nice to receive some more comments on this patch
and on the patches I sent earlier. I've created a bundle in
patchwork which includes all pending patches by the opendreambox
project:

http://patchwork.openembedded.org/bundle/obi/opendreambox/

Those patches are also available from a git repository which
gets rebased from time to time:

http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=obi/openembedded.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-upstream

All patches were ported from the opendreambox distribution to
OE's master. They were tested on 32-bit mipsel machines. However,
runtime tests were only done with a slightly older version of OE.

Ultimately, I'd like to merge our distribution into master. To
accomplish that, I'm submitting those patches first, that don't
depend on any distribution or machine.

Speaking of that, our distribution currently contains quite some
lines like this (from gst-plugins.inc)

EXTRA_OECONF_append_opendreambox = "--disable-x"

or patches like this (from dbus.inc):

-DEPENDS = "expat glib-2.0 virtual/libintl libsm libice virtual/libx11"
+DEPENDS = "expat glib-2.0 virtual/libintl"
+DEPENDS += "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'no-x11', '', 'libsm libice virtual/libx11', d)}"

I believe that no-x11 doesn't sound like a nice feature, so it
should better be inversed to read x11. This, however, would
require to specify this feature in every distribution supporting
x11. Will such a change possibly get accepted? Can a feature get
enabled by default but disabled selectively by a distribution?

Does the majority of distributions run with or without support
for X11?

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Oberritter (1):
  module.bbclass: fix dependency on specific kernel

 classes/module.bbclass |    2 +-