[oe] lirc_0.8.6+cvs20100613: do_package hangs

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:15:07 UTC 2010

2010/10/18 Graham Gower <graham.gower at gmail.com>:
> This is quite reproducible, but nothing has changed in the lirc recipe
> recently (certainly not since it last built successfully for me).
>
> I'm out of my depth with this one.
>
> -Graham

I've been peeking at this last week (also bumped into it) and have
discussed it with and send email to kergoth.

Issue seems to be that there are some tasks (like package_do_package)
have an empty run file.
When this file is passed to bitbake eventually it tries to exec these
files and it seems to hang forever (I'm not too familiar with python
but my guesstimate is that when exec gets an empty file it will read
from stdin or so (and so waits forever).

I could not find whether the generated files really should be empty
(and were empty before) or when the problem was introduced (I did a
rebuild from scratch a week or two weeks ago and didn't get the
problem then, but could not spot any suspicious commits during that
time period, and didn't have the time to do a bisect on this.

Then again I noticed Khem pushed 0.8.7 a few hrs ago. Hope that that
one will solve the problem. (although we should fix the root cause)

Frans