[oe] [RFC] ts72xx, ts73xx, ts74xx? How to handle properly similar machines

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Mon Oct 18 11:49:43 UTC 2010

Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> [2010-10-14 15:22:05]:

> It means you need to use angstrom or set is as override in local.conf

Ok, but would this work for example (it's not real life example)?

local.conf - SOC_FAMILY="ts7400"
machine/ts7xxx.inc - common stuff for all the boards
machine/ts72xx.conf - include ts7xxx.inc and add board specific stuff
machine/ts7250.conf - include ts72xx.conf and add board specific stuff
machine/ts7260.conf - include ts72xx.conf and CF support
machine/ts73xx.conf - include ts7xxx.inc and board specific stuff (FPGA + video)
machine/ts74xx.conf - include ts7xxx.inc and add SD card support

can I than use this as some kind of overrides? Say I'll need to have different
options in some of the packages and I would need to use something like this:

PACKAGE_ARCH += "${SOC_FAMILY}"
SRC_URI_append_ts7xxx += "file://common.patch"
SRC_URI_append_ts7260 += "file://compact-flash.patch"
SRC_URI_append_ts74xx += "file://sd-card.patch"
SRC_URI_append_ts73xx += "file://fpga.patch"

Because as I've seen the usage of the SOC_FAMILY in the recipes I don't think
it would be possible. Thanks for the answer, or more specific example.

-- ynezz