[oe] testing branch 2010-10-14

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:06:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> For me things in this branch work out quite well. 5 out of 6 targets
> build; still peeking at #6.

I got a build failure with beagleboard/beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image:

http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builds/96943/

Koen, if you happen to read this, do you know if the following change
fixes this?

commit c9ac99f13f603d15e9a852916cc4daa4a4d210bc
Author: Koen Kooi <koen at openembedded.org>
Date:   Fri Oct 15 10:46:24 2010 +0200

                                                   python-pygobject:
forcefully disable  introspection

It will pick up the .pc from the native sysroot and then fail to build
since we don't have target introspection libs to link against

> But actually reason for mailing was to drop the suggestion from Crofton on irc.
> He suggested testing_2010-xx-yy was confusing to some and that we
> perhaps better could use tested_2010-xx-yy
> I think he has a good point.

Yes, I agree that makes sense.  We could even rename the "testing"
branch to "tested", which is the semi-stable branch that comes out of
this effort.

Thanks,
Cliff