[oe] LICENSE field format

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Wed Oct 20 21:31:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 04:06:10PM -0500, Maupin, Chase wrote:
> [...]

Chase,

I feel like those are just crutches and not the real solution to the problem.
We should fix src_distribute class to work with the format we choose and not
try to make the code happy by inventing workarounds in the format. In other
words - the priority is to define a scalable, future-proof and easy to
understand and follow format for the LICENSE field. And then make
src_distribute class to behave accordingly - we can escape any special
characters in there to make proper directory names, once we decide how to
split the license field on individual items...

--
Denys