[oe] [RFC] turning conf/machine into a set of bblayers

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:01:17 UTC 2010

2010/10/21 Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net>:
> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 12:20 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> 2010/10/21 Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk>:
>>

>> > Such a pity git doesnt have increasing rev numbers, a cool adition would
>> > be a flag in layer that showed the last rev of core it was tested with.
>> >
>> > Layer was tested with core 1 but core is now 999 would give an
>> > indication on drift between layers and core.
>> >
>> > Graeme
>>
>> Triggered by this (and apologies if I am drifting off-topic).
>> It would be nice if with amend.inc you could specify the PR of the
>> underlying recipe that this amend is for (and get a warning or error
>> if there is a mismatch)
>
> For reference poky now has the PRINC = "x" variable which increases the
> base PR by x, assuming a standard format PR value. This is intended for
> use in .bbappend files.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Maybe I was not clear enough on this, but my proposal would be that
you could say in your amend file something like
BASEPR_CHECK("r12")
or something like that (I did not really think about what the best
syntax would be).

If you were building and the base recipe did not have the PR you
specified you'd get a warning (or maybe even an error) so you would
know that something changed under water.

Best regards, Frans