[oe] external-toolchain-csl and libtool 2.4

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 20:49:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Pierluigi Passaro
<pierluigi.passaro at phoenixsoftware.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> LIBTOOL_HAS_SYSROOT feature has been recently enabled on Angstom 2010.x
> distro.
>
> However, using CodeSourcery toolchain, this feature lead to use CSL sysroot
> as search path, that is generally different from
> ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${libdir} folder used for packages.

hmmm yes I see the problem. Right now its left upto the compile to provide
the sysroot which works well with internal toolchain but will not work with
external toolchains or the compilers which dont support --print-sysroot option

I will come up with a patch so specify the sysroot for libtool so that it
does not rely upon the compiler to compute it.

> At present I worked around the problem with the attached patch, but I was
> wondering if this could be a misconfiguration or a bug.
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.

With libtool 2.4 I dont see a reason to disable sysroot. The variable is only
provided to keep libtool 2.2.6 functional as same time. So when using 2.4 please
do not disable the sysroot feature.