[oe] Use of == in shell scripts

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Tue Oct 26 16:29:04 UTC 2010

Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 05:31 PM, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
>> How about splitting it into 5 patches?
>>
>> - classes (7 files)
>> - contrib (4 files)
>> - recipes/*/*.bb (24 files)
>> - recipes/*/*.inc (14 files)
>> - other files in recipes except recipes/obsolete (11 files)
>
> Or how about those 37 patches?
>
> http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=obi/openembedded.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/equality-operator
>
> Rationale:
> - bbclasses: 1 patch per file
> - contrib and recipes: 1 patch per directory

For the series:

Acked-By: Michael Smith <msmith at cbnco.com>

Except this one:

http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=obi/openembedded.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad7b2c9ab0c305034c39d2efc5a52789965bb5c2

where some lines had == twice, looks like your sed may not have caught it.

BTW, some of the files have constructs like this:

if [ "x$HAS_MADWIFI" = "x1" ]

I think this "x" business is for old broken shells that can't handle an
empty quoted string as the first argument. Does anyone know the standard
well enough to say? I figure [ "" = "1" ] should be legal everywhere.
This is just a pet peeve/bike shed on my part.

Mike