[oe] testing branch 2010-10-29

Yuri Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 22:32:30 UTC 2010

Hello!

>> Every build will be started with clean $TMPDIR for now at least
>
> I mentioned this at OEDEM as well, only doing clean builds hides upgrade
> path type of bugs (e.g. libcdio5 -> libcdio). It would be nice if an
> incremental build going from testing-prev to testing-next would be done
> as well before tagging.

I need a lot of HDD space then.
Should I do builds twice - clean and incremental?

Second question - is there any sense to clean/restore $TMPDIR between
building of different images (x11-image/opie-image) but same machine &
distro?

I mean following workflow

clean $TMPDIR/restore $TMPDIR from previous build of x11-image for
this machine/distro
build x11-image
clean $TMPDIR/restore $TMPDIR from previous build of opie-image for
this machine/distro
build opie-image
save $TMPDIR for next testing-next build

VS

clean $TMPDIR/restore $TMPDIR from previous build of this machine/distro
build x11-image

--
Yuri Bushmelev