[oe] Does the OS make a difference?

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 15:46:09 UTC 2010

The way that I understand it, OE natively compiles everything it needs for
cross-compiling everything the target needs - perl, python, etc.

However, I hear people using Ubuntu 10.04 say that they don't have problems
building the same thing that I'm building.

Is that just random happenstance or is there something about the OS that
would make successful builds more likely?

It would be worth it to upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 to 10.04 if it really makes
a difference... but it would take time and disrupt workflow and otherwise
provide little advantage.

AJ ONeal