[oe] llvm-native package dependency on binutils-croos package

Ahsan, Noor Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com
Mon Sep 6 09:00:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was looking into llvm2.7-native package (llvm2.7-native_2.7.bb). Its
recipe file includes llvm-native.inc, in this file the DEPENDS lists
contains binutils-cross package. I am bit confused that why a non-native
package is present in DPENDS list of a native package. This commit link
is 6da4ed714f269373271a14149b131bf1ff7a6def.

When I removed the binutils-cross from the dependency list and cleaned
binutils-cross and llvm-native packages and rebuilt llvm-native package
it built without any problem. So if llvm-native build successfully then
I think binutils-cross should be removed from the DEPENDS list. Can
somebody explain the reason if binutils-cross in the DEPENDS list?
Thanks.

Regards,

Noor

Noor Ahsan Khawaja

Team Lead, Pakistan SystemBuilder / EDGE Group

Embedded Systems Division

Mentor Graphics Pakistan Development (Pvt) Ltd

Direct: +92 42 609-9196

www.mentor.com/embedded <http://www.mentor.com/embedded>