[oe] virtclass_install prepend

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Sep 6 13:54:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks <
fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/9/6 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:

> variable
> prepend.
> >>
> >> I have no idea what is intended and I have no dbus knowledge, so can't
> fix this.
> >> I'll leave it to someone else to resolve this.
> >
> > I think the correct fix is as Chris suggested. Please go ahead and fix
> it.
> >

> Well I am a little bit hesitating as I am by no means an expert on the
> dbus recipe.
>
> The other question that immediately popped up is:
> If the code is wrong and no-one noticed, is it actually needed?
>
> The code is:
> do_install_virtclass-native_prepend() {
>         install -d ${D}${datadir}/dbus
>        install -m 0644 dbus-bus-introspect.xml ${D}${datadir}/dbus
> }
>
> Actually if the standard do_install needs to be changed, it generally
> raises some alarms with me.
> Why would we need to install something that the package normally does
> not install?
> (of course this could be a bug in the package, but then I would prefer
> a patch that we also try to push upstream).

Agreed, that is odd.  If it's something that dbus using things might need,
why is it only prepended for the native version, and as you say, why is it
not installed by the upstream install target.  I'd do a git blame and figure
out who added that and ask them :)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com