[oe] virtclass_install prepend

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Sep 7 13:57:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 22:11 +0200, Henning Heinold wrote:

> > > Agreed, that is odd.  If it's something that dbus using things might need,
> > > why is it only prepended for the native version, and as you say, why is it
> > > not installed by the upstream install target.  I'd do a git blame and figure
> > > out who added that and ask them :)
> > > --
> >
> > Henning,
> > Git blame gives your name as the person who created those lines.
> > Care to comment?
> >
> > Frans
>
> if I remember correctly this file is generated in the build process. But somehow
> in the later versions of dbus-glib there is somehow an error so this file gets not installed
> at all in the native variant. So I did it per hand.

I suspect that code could well have come from Poky. In this case the
native recipe generates a file which is then used by the target builds.
It can't be generated in the target recipe as that would mean running
target binaries.

So it is in fact a perfectly valid thing to do in this case.

Cheers,

Richard