[oe] Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue Sep 7 15:24:42 UTC 2010

Graham Gower wrote:
> On 3 September 2010 09:13, J. L. <vwyodapink at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

>> and the other is honestly above me at the moment as I do not grasp
>> using devshell yet and how to work with in there, let alone properly
>> lay out a program recipe and then patch it to work properly. Once I
>> grasp things more I hope to be a help and not such a hindrance, I
>> welcome any tips links or anything to point to how to fix either and I
>> will try more on more with those pointers and if successful post the
>> results and maybe a patch or post the failure.
>
> Read the OE manual. Read the Bitbake manual. Read .bb files. Read
> .conf files. Read .bbclass files. Read Bitbake sources. Send patches.
> Add time. Repeat. == expert!

I'd just like to add in that while it's great (really, I mean it),
you're reporting problems, if you can reproduce them in vanilla OE with
something like MACHINE=qemuarm and DISTRO=angstrom-2008.1 (or
DISTRO=minimal) or similar, that will help rule out a lot of concern on
our part and give a testcase we can all easily try out.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation