[oe] Moving keys to development server

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 18:33:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 10:00:12AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Kristoffer Ericson
> <kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We at JLime are setting up an development server to be able for all
> > developers to work on same machine (and build/push alot faster). Im having issues
> > getting the write access from the server (works fine from my laptop).
> > Ive moved the keys into my server user account but cant get it to work.
> > It fails with access denied.
> >
> > So, what am I missing
>
> your private ssh keys which are in ~/.ssh on your laptop
> either you copy them over or you can setup keychain/ssh-agent
> to forward it from your laptop to this server whatever fits your security needs

Ive done exactly that, but getting this:

kristoffer.ericson at jlime:~$ git clone git at git.openembedded.org:openembedded
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/users/kristoffer.ericson/openembedded/.git/
The authenticity of host 'git.openembedded.org (140.211.169.165)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'git.openembedded.org,140.211.169.165' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
Permission denied (publickey).
kristoffer.ericson at jlime:~$

So what could it be? Is it because my username is different on the server (kristoffer.ericson vs kristoffer)?