[oe] patch queue/patchwork: How should states be used?

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 20:10:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 13.08.2010, 23:01 +0200 schrieb Vitus Jensen:
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Vitus Jensen <vjensen at gmx.de> wrote:
>

> I would also advise to set the commit ID when setting the state to
> applied. Actually this can be done automatically [2], but the
> administrators have not yet had time to address this.

This requires the pwclient script which people without commit access
probably don't use.  Well, I don't use it.

> We have the following 11 states.
>
>        $ pwclient state
>        ID    Name
>        --    ----
>        1     New
>        2     Under Review
>        3     Accepted
>        4     Rejected
>        5     RFC
>        6     Not Applicable
>        7     Changes Requested
>        8     Awaiting Upstream
>        9     Superseded
>        10    Deferred
>        11    Applied
>
> What is the difference between 3 (Accepted) and 8 (Awaiting Upstream)?

In which state should the "Archived" flag be set?  What is the effect of
that flag?  And do we really need all those states?  Rejected, Not
Applicable, Changes Requested, Deferred?  IMHO that's Rejected, refer to
the mail archive for details.

BTW: who removes patches from patchwork?  I do have some patches in
"Superseded" state which I no longer care about.

Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers