[oe] double _'s in names

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:25:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I noticed that we have some recipes with double underscores in the name.
Not sure how that will parse wrt PN_PV.bb

The recipes are:
clutter/clutter-box2d_0.10.0_git.bb
ntpclient/ntpclient_2007_365.bb
ntpclient/ntpclient_2003_194.bb
rpm2cpio/rpm2cpio-native_1.2_2.bb

The ntpclient ones set PV but not PN (although they use it)
the rpm2cpio and clutter ones do not seem to set PV and PN

Now it might be whether this works because the first _ is used to
split things, but I am not sure whether this is desirable.

It might well be that this error is also related to it:

ERROR: '['/home/hudson/jobs/FM_world/workspace/openembedded/recipes/clutter/clutter-box2d_0.10.0_git.bb']'
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
'clutter-box2d' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES
variables of any buildable targets

Haven't had time to dig into that one.

Frans.