[oe] patch to fix libstdc++ problem, was Re: Images no longer automatically include libstdc++6

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:11:54 UTC 2010

2010/9/12 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>:

> On 12-09-10 13:27, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> It won't, since you need to rebuild everything that uses gcc. Bumping PR
> for gcc-cross would just give people a false sense of security. I'm not
> against bumping PR for gcc-cross, I'm just saying that it doesn't come
> close to fixing the problem at hand, which is packages with missing
> dependencies (libgcc for normal ones, libstdc++ for c++ ones,
> libgfortran for fortran ones, etc).

I know it does not fix anything, but it fixes most of it (because
although there is a missing dep, if you install libstdc++/libgcc
manually or install a package made after the fix is applied things
still work.

>> Thinking of it let's see how many distro's actually use DISTRO_PR:
>> ../../conf/distro/angstrom-2008.1.conf:DISTRO_PR = ".6"
>> ../../conf/distro/kaeilos-2010.conf:DISTRO_PR = ".1"
>> ../../conf/distro/kaeilos.conf:DISTRO_PR = ".5"
>> ../../conf/distro/angstrom-2010.x.conf:DISTRO_PR = ".7"
>> ../../conf/distro/shr.conf:DISTRO_PR = ".5"
>>
>> So that is 5 out of the 32 recipes.
>> Even one of your own (angstrom-2008.1-legacy.conf) does ot use DISTRO_PR
>
> Do you know how requires work in OE?

Yes.
The grep above does not reveal these. There might be similar cases for
some of the other 32-5-1 = 26 distro's.
I just did not check.

Anyway the above just illustrates again that it is is probably quite
useful to clearly identify maintainers for all distro's and move the
unmaintained one to a separate folder or so, so people using those at
least are aware that they are using an unmaintained distro and as such
are kind-a "on their own"

Frans