[oe] Howto create a bitbake recipe

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 05:11:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, AJ ONeal wrote:

> I don't know very much about this - only what I've seen discussed on the
> mailing list.

And you probably searched recipes/ before writing your own?  This is my
main source of informationen.

> I've created a template and given my just-submitted recipe as an example.
>
> If you know bitbake and OE policies, please share the wealth:
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/How_to_create_a_bitbake_recipe_for_dummies

I don't think you should not use method overrides in the example (the wiki
list those overrides as things to avoid), just use the simpliest form of a
recipe there and refer to the OE usermanual from that page for additional
features, that URL:
http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#chapter_recipes

=====
DESCRIPTION = ""
HOMEPAGE = ""
LICENSE = ""
DEPENDS = ""
PR = "r0"  # Package Revision, update this whenever you change the recipe.

SRC_URI = " http://server/${PN}-${PV}.tar.bz2 \
 	file://fix-crosscompile.patch \
 	"
SRC_URI[md5sum] = ""
SRC_URI[sha256sum] = ""
=====

More isn't needed (some may argue about PR) and writing more may actually
harm.

Best regards,
    Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers