[oe] Strange bluez dependency for ppp

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 08:45:53 UTC 2010

2010/9/27 Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz>:
> Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> [2010-09-27 08:38:46]:
>
>> never peeked at bluez-utils, but bluez itself drags in a lot of stuff
>> because it depends on alsa and gst, so even if you only need bt
>> serial, you get a lot of stuff you probably do not want.
>
> All I wanted was ppp, not BT serial :-) But ok, I've just removed that
> bluez-libs dependency from the libpcap recipe in my branch, so it's fixed for
> me. Thanks.
>
> -- ynezz

I know.
Reason for raising this is that this is an issue on other places as
well, which could require some attention.
There are some flags that control things (like MACHINE_FEATURES), but
the granularity is maybe too coarse.
Also the blues recipes do not seem to take MACHINE_FEATURES fully into account.
e.g. EXTRA_OECONF contains --enable-alsa. Ideally this only should be
done if you are building for a machine that supports alsa.
(issue is that if you make this machine dependent the whole recipe
becomes machine dependent)

Frans