[oe] apr-util_1.3.4 does not build

J. L. vwyodapink at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:35:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 2:49 AM, J. L. <vwyodapink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing I have noticed as well is that there are a bunch of
> packages that do not fail to build but while they build they show
> messages of not finding shared libraries missing depends and things
> like that. Is that things I should post as well?
>
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 2:44 AM, J. L. <vwyodapink at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you tell me things to do or try I would be happy to help you figure
>> it out. I really wouldnt like to have to switch up yet at least. I am
>> honestly not great with OE at all yet so I would need dumb mans tips
>> to help you out.

>>> You can try and upgrade. if that does not work and reinstall. Your system
>>> your choice. Though it would be interesting to find why this error
>>> happens on 9.10

I upgraded to 10.04 and I still have the same issue with apr-util_1.3.4

gives this error:

NOTE: Applying patch 'configure_fixes.patch'
(org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util/configure_fixes.patch)
NOTE: Running task 818 of 832 (ID: 12,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb,
do_configure)
NOTE: Running task 819 of 832 (ID: 13,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb,
do_qa_configure)
ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host includes.
Rerun configure task after fixing this. The path was
'/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/apr-util-1.3.4-r6/apr-util-1.3.4'
ERROR: Error in executing:
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb
ERROR: Exception:<type 'exceptions.SystemExit'> Message:1
ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
ERROR: Build of
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb
do_qa_configure failed
ERROR: Task 13 (/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb,
do_qa_configure) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 818 tasks of which 813 didn't need to
be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/apr/apr-util_1.3.4.bb'
failed

I will try going through devshell and see if I can make some progress
with it but I am still struggling with recipes. If anyone has
something specific I can try I would appreciate the tip. Thanks