[oe] generate a named kernel in ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:44:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/29 Andrea Adami <andrea.adami at gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks
>> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We solved same issues with linux-kexecboot.inc including linux.inc and
>> redefining vars/tasks.
>> In particular
>> PACKAGES = ""
>> PROVIDES = ""
>> KERNEL_IMAGE_BASE_NAME = "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-kexecboot-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}"
>> KERNEL_IMAGE_SYMLINK_NAME = "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-kexecboot-${MACHINE}"
>>
>> do_populate_sysroot() {
>> }
>>
>> do_install() {
>> }
>>
>> python do_package() {
>> }
>>

> Tried this. works nice.
> Two small remarks:
>
> I would have expected you had to add something like:
> FILESPATHPKG_append = ":linux-${PV}"
> I had to add this to get access to the linux patches.

No need to extend FILESPATHPKG being we keep the patches in the
kernel-specific dirs: e.g. /linux-2.6.34 and /linux-kexecboot-2.6.34

> And this:
> S = "${WORKDIR}/linux-${PV}"
> might perhaps better end up in the base recipe (in my case linux_2.6.34.bb)

I misunderstand perhaps: this is in each recipe (e.g.
linux-kexecboot_2.6.34.bb). Do you mean moving it in
linux-kexecboot.inc?

> (actually thinking of it the FILESPATHPKG might also be moved into there).
>
> Should I prepare a patch for that ?
Sorry, not sure about the question.

> Frans.

Regards

Andrea

P.S: : I feel sorry for the 400 files of the linux-kexecboot merge.
While I'm working on zaurus in order to remove as many recipes as
possible, I hope the same happens for omap3 and qemu people.
Compatibility for those machines was added long ago and the kernels
became very old.
If I don't see any change I propose to move many linux-kexecboot
recipes to obsolete.