[oe] [RFC] kernel NOTE messages fix

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Sep 29 18:18:25 UTC 2010

Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback and the acks.
> I'll make a formal patch for this and push it with the acks added.
> Maybe this evening otherwise tomorrow (but if someone can't wait so
> long feel free to make the patch (but please let me know on irc, so we
> do not end up duplicating things))
>
> Wrt the kernel-dev route: I didn't try it, as Henning & Petr (and
> maybe also Eric) tried this before.
>
> Tom, I do encounter issues with scripts and strip either. They are
> still on my to-investigate list and are not related to the issue at
> hand, but when building slugos-image for nslu2 I get the messages
> given below. Guess this is the same problem you are facing.
>
> I'm open for hints on how to fix this one.

I think something like:
- Copy sources, cd to dest
- Backup .config
- make mrproper
- Restore .config to destdir
- make ... modules_prep or so (don't have it off-hand, but make help
shows) which gets things valid again for external modules to build.

Problem is that (a) that won't work on 2.4 and (b) I don't know how far
back, off-hand, that make target exists in 2.6.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation