[oe] [RFC] delete old monotone recipes

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:30:47 UTC 2010

Dear all,

As it stands we have 6 monotone recipes:

monotone-5_0.25.2.bb
monotone-6_0.27.bb
monotone-6_0.31.bb
monotone-6_0.33.bb
monotone-6_0.34.bb
monotone-6_0.37.bb

There are all target-only recipes

I can imagine it made sense to have a monotone recipe for the target
when our sources were still in monotone, but I feel that nowadays it
is less useful
(apart from the question whether it is useful to have an SCM on an
embedded system).

Therefore I would like to bring up the following discussion topics:

Is there any use to keep the old monotone-6 recipes? (all but 0.37).
Or should we remove?

And what about the monotone-5 recipe. Is that still useful?

And what about the latest monotone-6 recipe? Is that still useful to keep?

Your opinion is appreciated.

Frans