[oe] How do I install python modules for use within recipes?

Robert Foerster robert at erafx.com
Fri Apr 8 00:07:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Charles Manning <cdhmanning at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a project which uses python as part of the building process to
> generate some C code from some XML which is then later compiled.
>
> The python script uses the python lxml module.
>
> My recipe has a do_compile as follows:
>
> do_compile() {
>        cd ${S}/
>        make -f Gencode.mk
>        make
> }
>
> During the make -f Gencode.mk, the python script which imports lxml
> fails to do so and fails.
>
> Question: How do I instruct OE to set up the lxml module and make it
> available here?

I don't see a recipe for python-lxml-native, so you'll likely have to make
one (and then make your recipe depend on it to ensure it's built and
available).

There are several other python-*-native modules in OE, take a look at what
they're doing.
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/python