[oe] How do I install python modules for use within recipes?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:24:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 06:53 PM, Charles Manning wrote:
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> What's the story with
>> org.openembedded.dev/contrib/python/generate-manifest*
>>
>> Do I have to modify that?
>
> No, that's for the internal Python modules.
>
> n.b. don't top post :-)

Sorry I don't usually use gmail web interface...

So by Internal Python modules what do you mean? If that's just the
stuff used in cranking bitbake and OE then why does it need to
generate the manifest in the recipes?

Building some python modules from scratch looks ugly. Is there
anything stopping me from just using easy-install? ... Or would that
be even harder? Seems odd that native recipes don't use easy-install
unless there is a good reason not to.

-- Charles

>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Robert Foerster<robert at erafx.com>  wrote:

>>> I don't see a recipe for python-lxml-native, so you'll likely have to
>>> make
>>> one (and then make your recipe depend on it to ensure it's built and