[oe] Upstreaming patches

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Apr 11 23:46:20 UTC 2011

Saul Wold asked me about upstreaming some of the patches in OE.
Apparently, Intel has some people who can look at submitting some of our
patches upstream.

The question is, what do we do about attribution? The problem is that is
not simple for many cases working out who created the patch. Rather than
spend time chasing through the revision history, it would be simpler to
send the patches upstream mentioning the source as derived from OE.

My thoughts are no reasonable OE contributor would object to someone
else upstreaming their patches :), but I thought I should ask people
what they thought.

Obviously, if there is a complex patch the situation is different, but I
suspect most of the easy patches do not fall into this category.

Comments?

Philip