[oe] work flow with pull requests (was: Pull request from O.S. Systems tree)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 16 08:29:21 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 16.02.2011, 10:23 -0800 schrieb Khem Raj:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> > Otavio, thanks for your contributions.

[…]

> > And one request (or maybe discussion point for the community).
> > Would it be possible to post patches. That makes it much easier to review them.
>
> on contrary, moving forward this would be a better model where folks
> can publish their git trees to get soaked in upstream.

Khem, could you please share your work flow. How do you send comments
back to the pull request?

With patches being sent to the list, I just hit reply to the message
with the patch and I put my comments inline. How do you do that with
just pulling the branch for review? Do just reply to the pull request,
change the message subject and paste the problematic parts? That seems
cumbersome.

So I would conclude that using both ways – as for example Otavio is
doing right now – seems to be an optimal(?) solution.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul