[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Pull request for TI matrix-gui, ipc and sgx/gles

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Sun Apr 17 18:54:53 UTC 2011

On 17-04-11 20:21, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:09:48AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

>>> Tom, can you please unmerge it? The SGX commit is bogus, I have already
>>> asked Denys to revert it from .dev. I do not want crap like that in
>>> maintenance.
>>
>> All of the parts of the merge or just a specific one?
>
> Tom,
>
> Can we hold off with unmerging/reverting for now? I'm trying to understand the
> damage level and see the best course of action... But the commit in question
> is "ligles-omap3: Remove SGX Fixup for TI816x"

Right, only the "ligles-omap3: Remove SGX Fixup for TI816x" needs to get
reverted.

> Koen,
>
> I replied to your email. Please let me know if you still prefer the complete
> revert or if it can be worked around, as it still works, while may not be
> optimal, and doesn't break anything else. Thanks.

As I said in my response to the patch:

- ------
So, I'm back from travelling now and I'll have to NAK this patch:

1) it assumes netra will never have an sgx core update and makes it
diverge from the other platforms.

2) it adds a useless 2 second boot delay

So the net result is a harder to maintain slower version of the scripts,
which is not acceptable.
- ------

So I'd very much like to get this patch reverted both from .dev and
2011.03-maintenance. Especially considering I'm the actual maintainer
for that recipe.

For fun, try booting on omap3 and moving the SD to netra and see what
happens. This is what we do at the office and customers do as well.

regards,

Koen