[oe] state of oe and meta-oe (was: 0/6] add syslog-ng/eventlog/libnet)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 20 09:26:45 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2011, 10:31 +0200 schrieb Koen Kooi:
> On 20-04-11 09:18, Michael Lippautz wrote:

[…]

> Could please squasH
>
> >   syslog-ng: Re-import 2.0.5 from org.oe.dev
> >   syslog-ng: Update to 3.2.2
>
> and
>
> >   eventlog: Re-import 0.2.5 from org.oe.dev
> >   eventlog: Clean recipe and upgrade to 0.2.12
>
> and
>
> >   libnet: Re-import 1.1.2.1 from org.oe.dev
> >   libnet: Clean and upgrade (see below)
>
> Being able to trace the origin isn't worth having broken recipes at
> various points due to missing checksums IMO.
> If people disagree with that I'm willing to stance my stance on that,
> though.

Could you please clarify, what the current situation between the “old”
OpenEmbedded repository and the layers, for example meta-oe, is.

I thought at some point the old repository would be imported, so that
the history/commit log will be preserved. Therefore I think it would be
best to update the recipes in OE and then get them into oe-meta.

I am sorry for my ignorance. I try to follow the recent changes, but it
takes too much time to keep track. If there is a summary of the current
state I would be happy to read it.

Thanks,

Paul