[oe] how to read pdf documents

Bosi Daniele Daniele.Bosi at mta.it
Fri Apr 29 14:50:51 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to read pdf files on my embedded system. Googling around I found people suggesting to use Poppler as a library for reading such type of documents.

Is there any Open Embedded software that use Poppler for reading pdf files? I'd like to use an existing software for testing my machine, that is "angstrom-2008.1" with some custom rules for our softwares.

I tried some example taken from the internet but I have some trouble building them.
One of them is the one from
http://people.freedesktop.org/~aacid/docs/qt4/
that includes the file <poppler-qt4.h> that in my system is missing.

Bye the way I just made a "bitbake poppler" and I create my target file system.
Maybe have I forgot to build something?

Thanks in advance, bye
Daniele