[oe] unnecessary dependencies?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Aug 1 09:19:11 UTC 2011

On 01.08.2011 10:35, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2011/8/1 Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de>
>
>> We are working on an application which requires libgssdp.
>>
>> libgssdp requires libsoup, libsoup inherits gnome, gnome inherits
>> gtk-icon-cache, gtk-icon-cache rdepends hicolor-icon-theme. So this icon
>> theme (probably a lot more gnome stuff) unnecessarily allocates place in our
>> image (we do not have a GUI). :(
>>
>> Are these deps really necessary?
>>

> I know this does not answer your question, but if you do not have a GUI
> maybe libgssdp is not the best choice for your project.
> You could consider another upnp library (e.g. libupnp).

libupnp supports UPnP 1.0 only and in addition we need SSDP only (not full UPnP).

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058