[oe] unnecessary dependencies?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Aug 1 09:21:28 UTC 2011

On 01.08.2011 11:00, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 08:58 +0200, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>> We are working on an application which requires libgssdp.
>>
>> libgssdp requires libsoup, libsoup inherits gnome, gnome inherits gtk-icon-cache, gtk-icon-cache rdepends hicolor-icon-theme. So this icon theme (probably a lot more gnome stuff) unnecessarily allocates place in our image (we do not have a GUI). :(
>>
>> Are these deps really necessary?
>
> It sounds as though libsoup possibly shouldn't be inheriting gnome.  Can
> you figure out whether gtk-icon-cache is actually doing anything useful
> in this case?

"libsoup is an HTTP client/server library" only. I can't really see any need for GUI componenets.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058